For those who frequently head over to RadioShack to purchase their mobile phones on contract, do not be surprised if in the future you spot a RadioShack branded wireless service. This is thanks to leaked screenshots sent to the folks at Engadget that has revealed RadioShack’s plans to launch their own MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) service. The HTC One V in the screenshot also appears to be one of the phones that RadioShack’s upcoming wireless could offer. Details at the moment are scarce , such as pricing and when the service will be launched, but it seems that Cricket Wireless could the carrier that RadioShack is tying in with, especially since in another screenshot, the Getting Started number takes you straight to Cricket’s customer service line. If that is the case, it is possible that RadioShack could start offering the same types of phones as Cricket does. When reached out to comment on the leaked screenshots, RadioShack responded by saying they couldn’t comment on rumors or speculation. Either way we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled, so check back with us at a later date for the details!
- 2014-03-04: RadioShack To Close 20% Of Stores
- 2013-10-16: Fitbit Force Up For Pre-Order On RadioShack
- 2013-04-01: RadioShack HTC One Ad Reveals $50 Google Play Bonus And $199 Sprint Pricing
- 2012-09-04: RadioShack wireless service kicks off
- 2012-08-13: RadioShack appears to be gearing up to launch their own wireless service, according to leaked screenshots
- 2011-09-21: LG Enlighten dummies hit RadioShack, launch is imminent