Samsung and Verizon have worked together to deliver incredible flexibility to consumers in the form of a FiOS TV app. Basically, this means FiOS TV subscribers are now able to stream live TV channels as well as experience Flex View video-on-demand content straight on compatible Samsung Smart TVs in addition to Smart Blu-ray players without the need to fork out additional money for a set-top box. This is truly a first-of-its-kind app on the Samsung Smart Hub platform, enabling Verizon’s FiOS TV and FiOS Internet subscribers to enjoy 26 live FiOS TV channels, not to mention having the luxury of choosing from over 20,000 FlexView on-demand movies and TV shows.
Verizon is proud to be the first TV provider in the US that offers such video content straight on Samsung’s Smart Hub App Store. FiOS subscribers who currently have either FiOS TV or FiOS Internet subscriptions are able to download the free FiOS TV app in a jiffy. Parents can also heave a sigh of relief as the FiOS TV app will come with a host of parent friendly features including parental PIN options which will help restrict access to mature content, not to mention a purchase PIN is required before any rentals or purchases can be made. [Press Release]
Update: if you are curious, this works only on 2012 Samsung Smart TVs. This was confirmed to us by Samsung.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-04-04: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Up For Pre-Order
- 2014-04-04: Samsung ATIV SE Up For Pre-Order From Verizon
- 2012-01-12: Verizon FiOS TV app on Samsung Smart TVs and Smart Blu-Ray players this year