Facebook is not exactly doing gangbusters on the stock exchange at the moment, and in a weird twist of fate, it was reported recently that more Zuckerbergs work over at Google instead of for Facebook. Trivia aside, here we are with news that late this evening, a bunch of baseball teams’ (from the major league) Facebook pages were hacked, with the San Francisco Giants being among other luminaries such as the Miami Marlins, Chicago White Sox, San Diego Padres, Washington Nationals, Los Angeles Angels, Atlanta Braves, New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs.
The Chicago White Sox, which is President Barack Obama’s favorite team, was hacked to endorse Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, while the Washington Nationals’ page claimed that the team was moving back to Canada, posting, “We’re going back to Montreal. SEE YA SUCKERS!!!!!!” These messages were removed in a jiffy, and most of the teams did post up notes to explain the hacking. It is a shame, really for hacks like this to still happen in this day and age. Ah well, at least it was not the Olympics, right?
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-03-20: Facebook’s Hack Programming Language Aims To Deliver Faster Coding Process
- 2011-08-18: Student hacker penetrated Facebook
- 2011-08-15: Facebook used to hack bank accounts