Google has rolled out a few updates on YouTube, particularly in the homepage feed. Google hopes that these updates will provide an even better viewing experience to its users. The update brings a couple of improvements to YouTube’s video thumbnails. Now users can enjoy bigger and better quality thumbnails with more information related to the videos. “If an uploader has commented, posted, or added a video to a playlist, we surface this information so you can get a better picture of all the activity related to the video,” Google said.
The update also adds a menu that allows users to quickly control the content that they want to appear in their feed. To access the menu, users will have to hover over an item in the feed and click the arrow that appears in the upper right of the item. Also, the update now offers a distinct and marked view of the videos already watched in the feed, allowing users to better decide what to watch next. Lastly, there’s also a Highlights view option that allows a diverse set of creators to appear in a viewer’s feed based on their subscriptions. The said Highlights view is currently the default view of activity on the homepage feed.RELATED
- Pharrell Launches 24-Hour Interactive Music Video For 'Happy'
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- YouTube Commenters Invade Conan To Yell Random Things At Him
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Google Street View Takes Us Through The Canals, Streets Of Venice, Italy
- Follow: Google, YouTube,
- Seen at: youtubecreator.blogspot