AT&T is among the official carriers of Apple’s iPhone 5 in the U.S. The new iPhone comes with 4G LTE support which would enable users for high-speed data sharing. However, LTE isn’t yet available as a connectivity option as widely as 3G in the U.S.
Wireless carriers such as AT&T and Sprint have been working on expanding their 4G LTE support, especially with the record-breaking sales that iPhone 5 has attracted. AT&T has now announced 4G LTE support for another ten major U.S. cities.
AT&T activated the high-speed connectivity option for these ten cities only last week, apparently in anticipation of the iPhone 5 availability on September 21st. iPhone 5 has turned out to be the fastest-selling device ever with AT&T, as the company recently announced.
The cities which are on the list include Cincinnati, Birmingham, Honolulu, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Fayetteville, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Sacramento and Seattle.
The carrier plans on activating 4G LTE in yet another 34 cities before this year expires. Interestingly, during the press release announcing the roll-out to ten new cities, AT&T made no mention of iPhone 5 and rather cited a number of Android devices as its 4G-capable offerings.
Next Story: Ubergizmo Smartphone Guide - Sept 2012
- 2014-04-09: Transit Wireless And AT&T Target 242 More NYC Subway Stops
- 2014-04-08: SoftBank Reportedly Considering Bid For Vodafone
- 2014-04-04: AT&T Joins The Party, Offers BlackBerry Deal Of Their Own
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Service Plan Price Cut To Match AT&T
- 2014-03-30: TWRP For Sprint And AT&T HTC One M8 Released
- 2013-12-17: EE UK Now Allows 4G LTE Roaming For AT&T Subscribers
- 2013-12-09: AT&T Teams Up With Rogers To Offer 4G LTE Roaming In Canada
- 2013-06-20: Aio Wireless Gets AT&T 4G LTE Support
- 2013-04-18: Sprint Announces LTE Expansion In 21 New Markets
- 2013-04-14: T-Mobile iPhone Launch Day Was "Gangbusters"