Google has just updated their Google Maps app today by throwing in a sleeker turn-by-turn navigation function complete with traffic conditions, biking directions, Map Maker and new Street View imagery being introduced in additional locations around the world. Google Maps Navigation (Beta) will be expanded with voice guided, turn-by-turn directions across thousands of towns in India, making it useful for folks who want to visit densely populated cities like Delhi or Bangalore. Not only that, live traffic conditions for major roads with estimated travel times are also thrown into the mix so that you are better able to plan your route.
Biking directions and Map Maker will be made available to Kiwis (New Zealanders), where local cyclists benefit from accessing biking directions directly on Google Maps, while Map Maker allows one to add bike lanes and trails upon discovery of a new one.
Not only that, new Street View imagery for over 150 university campuses around the world will be added, ranging from UCLA in the US, Pembroke College in the UK, McGill University in Canada and Sophia University in Japan.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-03-30 'Google Naps' Finds You Places To Sleep
- 2014-02-27 Google Maps Names A Brooklyn Block As The “Drug Section”
- 2014-02-19 New Google Maps Finally Exits Preview
- 2013-12-13 Google Maps Navigation (Beta) For Android Arrives At Another 25 Countries
- 2013-11-18 Google Maps Image That Depicts Murder Investigation Removed