The Asus-manufactured Google Nexus 7 already ships with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box, and if there is one particular, glaring shortcoming about this tablet, it would be the lack of a camera located at its back. In fact, the only camera available on the Google Nexus 7 would be the front-facing one which shoots those vain portrait shots at 1.2-megapixels resolution. The thing is, it is not capable of High Definition video recording – not without the help of a mod from the good people over at XDA Developers, of course.
This particular mod would allow the webcam to record video in 720p – which is equivalent to High Definition, although it is not quite Full High Definition (1080p) just yet. If it is of any consolation to you, you are able to enjoy a rather visible improvement compared to 480p videos. Do you think that with this particular mod, you will be making far more use of the Nexus 7 to shoot home videos than normal?
Next Story: Google Glass makes Fashion Week debut
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2013-10-03: Google Might Not Go With ASUS For 2014's Nexus 7 [Rumor]
- 2013-09-08: ASUS Reportedly Trying To Emerge From Under Google's 'Aura'
- 2013-02-07: Nexus 7 To Carry Qualcomm Processor Instead?
- 2013-01-28: Google Works With Asus For Next Generation Nexus 7
- 2012-11-09: If You Bought a Nexus 7 in October, Google Wants To Give You Money