Huawei does want to get involve in the Windows Phone 8 scene, and they recently targeted the Huawei Ascend W1 to be released before the year 2012 is over. It is widely believed that the Huawei Ascend W1 will show up alongside the higher end Huawei Ascend W2, although that remains to be confirmed. This would mean that Huawei will be yet another player in the Windows Phone 8 scene, what with Samsung, Nokia and HTC having jumped aboard the Windows Phone 8 bandwagon already.
According to Huawei’s Chairman of Devices, Richard Yu, he mentioned on China’s social network Weibo that the upcoming W1 should be able to debut before the year is over, where it ought to burn the equivalent of $320 in your bank account, coming in black, blue, pink and white colors. All that it requires now from the general public is some patience – will the Huawei Ascend W1 be able to live up to the expectations of what the other manufacturers have rolled out so far where Windows Phone 8 is concerned?
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2013-05-09: Huawei W1 Windows Phone 8 Smartphone Announced
- 2013-01-08: The Ascend W1 Is Huawei's First Windows Phone 8 Smartphone
- 2012-11-14: Huawei Ascend W1 to debut at CES 2013 [Rumor]
- 2012-10-29: Mysterious Windows Phone device spotted in the wild, speculated to be another Huawei device
- 2012-10-16: Photos of Huawei's W1 Windows Phone 8 handset leaked