A couple of days ago, we reported that according to a leak, it seems that Nintendo’s Wii U console will be launched on the 11th of November in the US, but what about our friends in Europe? Will they be seeing the Wii U launch the same time as well, or perhaps earlier, or maybe even later? Well the bad news is that if you’re living in Europe, the Wii U could be released later, possibly on the 7th of December. This is according to French retailer FNAC (via WeGotLife) who was revealed to have posted newsboards in their stores that invited their customers to place pre-orders for the console, which at the same time gave away the release date and its possible price tag of €349. Of course it is possible that FNAC might be speculating and that a December date might merely be a guess, but it is also possible that Nintendo might have already briefed retailers of the release date to allow them to prepare enough space in warehouses and to place their orders in bulk. Either way with a Nintendo announcement expected to be made on the 13th of September, we guess we don’t have to wait long for confirmation!
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke