President Obama’s acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention has set a new record on the social media. During his speech, Twitter witnessed a massive number of tweets, officially declaring that it was an all-new record of the most tweets per minute.
To be specific, 52,757 tweets per minute were sent during his speech with some of his lines reaching as many retweets and quotes as 43,000! Clearly, the hype of the entire DNC also added to whip up the tweeting frenzy. In all, the convention itself attracted a total of 9.5 million tweets.
Out of these, 4 million tweets were sent on the last day of the convention alone. Incidentally, the Republican National Convention attracted as many tweets in total. During and after President Obama’s speech, topics such as Medicare and Cold War mind warp were actively trending on Twitter.
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested
- 2014-04-13: “Ellen Seflie” Now A Painting At Twitter HQ
- 2014-04-13: Almost Half Of All Twitter Accounts Have Never Tweeted [Report]
- 2014-03-18: MH370 Links On Social Networks Spreading Malware
- 2013-11-19: Social Media Experiment Proves How Easy It Is To Find Out Things About A Total Stranger
- 2013-08-25: US Open To Feature Social Media Wall
- 2013-08-15: Japanese Twitter Users Start New Fad Of Posting Personal Info Online
- 2013-05-24: Brain Survery Live Broadcast Onto Social Media From UCLA