Just a couple of days ago, we mentioned that Sony Mobile might actually take a gander at Windows Phone 8 devices in the future according to Pierre Perron, Sony Mobile’s UK & Ireland Managing Director, but I guess that this is a rumor will remain just as that since Sony Mobile’s President and CEO Kunimasa Suzuki put down his foot by squashing such rumors, touting that “we have no current plans for it.” He maintained that Sony Mobile will continue to focus on the Android operating system even though that Sony Mobile’s market share is not doing too well.
Suzuki intends to combat this slide by bringing products to market faster while increasing transparency between the different departments within Sony, further saying that “all devices are connected to each other, so we need a more horizontal organization.” I personally think that Sony Mobile has done pretty well for itself ever since it took on the new name and was reorganized compared to the days of Sony Ericsson, but they really need a main selling point to break into peoples’ psyches.
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-01 Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-19 Sony Xperia Ultra, Z1 And Z1 Compact To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Updates
- 2014-02-27 Android 4.4 KitKat Arriving On Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra And Z1 Compact
- 2014-02-04 Sony Ends Software Support For A Dozen Android Phones
- 2013-10-15 Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Receives Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update