While the focus might be on Android and iOS at the moment, let’s not forget that as far as smartphones are concerned, RIM’s Blackberry devices used to reign supreme. However lately the company has taken quite a bit of hits, although many are hoping that the upcoming Blackberry 10 OS and its accompanying devices will be amazing enough for RIM to regain some market share. Verizon appears to be rather supportive of RIM’s efforts, and when asked about the possibility of keeping their options open when it came to operating systems apart from iOS and Android given the whole Apple versus Samsung legal battle, Verizon’s CFO Francis J. Shammo was quoted as saying not to count RIM out yet as there was a chance that they could come into the marketplace with an innovative product. We guess this isn’t too surprising since Verizon did confirm they would have Blackberry 10 devices on hand at launch in 2013.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: BlackBerry 10, RIM, Verizon,
- Seen at: n4bb