I am not quite sure about you, but did you not think it strange that Wal-Mart has never offered pre-orders for the iPhone in the past? I guess things do change over the years after all, with Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer, announced that they will be taking in pre-orders for the newly introduced iPhone 5 for the first time in their history, in addition to offering discounts on the device in order to maintain their reputation as a company that sells value-for-money products.
You can place your pre-order at 8 a.m. from September 14th onwards at US stores, according to Sarah Spencer, a spokeswoman for the Bentonville, Arkansas-based retailer. Wal-Mart’s Apple iPhone 5 will be cherry picked for $189.97 with a two-year contract, making it slightly more affordable than the $199 price point that was announced by Apple. The previous generation iPhone 4S will also receive a price cut, while the iPhone 4 is going cheap at just $0.97 with a two- year contract. Other pre-orders from different carriers will also happen on September 14th, although some of them open the floodgates at midnight.
Next Story: Raytheon JLENS swarm boat weapon touted
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger