Remember ADzero, the world’s first ever bamboo-based phone? Well, AD Creative, the company behind the cool concept has just revealed the final design and specs of the device last week, where it is now poised for a Kickstarter campaign. ADzero will be running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will be powered by a Samsung 1.4 GHz Exynos 4 quad-core processor that is fully-backed by a 1GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
With a 134 x 68 x 11.8 mm dimension, the phone sports a 4.5-inch TFT LCD display with a 720 x 1280 HD resolution at 326ppi. Other features include an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera, a 2050 mAh battery, and an optional ADAOS (Open Bootloader) operating system. Its creators are planning to sell the device for $700, where early buyers could enjoy a $200 discount.
Unfortunately, no word for its actual Kickstarter debut has been announced. The ADzero smartphone concept was launched last year in London. According to its creators, the team has been “working solidly over the last year to enhance the design of the ADzero bamboo smartphone while developing its own customised ADOAS operating system.”
- 2014-04-18: Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-08: More iPhone 6 Concept Renders Based On Leaked Schematics
- 2014-03-31: iPhone 6 Concept Based On Alleged Leaked Schematics
- 2013-09-24: iPhone Dock Concept Turns Your Phone Into A Bedside Lamp
- 2011-09-08: Elasty iPhone 4 case has more than one use