When it comes to reading, some of us prefer to get our reading done at night just before we retire for the day. The thing is, having that reading lamp turned on might not be too suitable for folks who have a companion who is sensitive to light. The advent of e-book readers, however, has split the camp right down the middle to two – one with a built-in backlight, while the other still needs ambient light if you were to get any reading done. The Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight would be part of the former, where it boasts of a high resolution, front-lit E Ink display.
Available in Europe from November onwards, the Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight will have a higher resolution 6” display that churns out 758 x 1024 pixels, resulting in a pixel density of 213 pixels per inch. Not quite Retina display quality, but it certainly is getting there. Apart from that, the anti-glare capacitive touchscreen and a new user interface should make reading electronic books a whole lot more fun than before.
- 2014-03-05: PocketBook 640 Is A Water Resistant E-Book Reader
- 2013-07-07: E-Book Reader For Kids On The Nintendo 3DS
- 2012-10-09: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight joins the lighted ebook community
- 2012-05-24: Worldreader and Barcelona FC Announce Campaign to Bring 1 million eBooks to Africa
- 2012-04-23: Apple now facing ebook price fixing allegations in Canada
- 2009-07-07: Bookeen Cybook Opus Paraded
- 2010-09-22: Bookeen to release Cybook Orizon next month