Earlier today we reported that benchmarks for Apple’s latest iPod touch had surfaced along with an official iPod touch guide which was available for download via the iBookstore. This suggested that the iPod touch would be ready for sale and shipping soon. Well according to the reports and a comment left by one of our readers, shipments for those who pre-ordered their device have already begun and is expected to see a delivery date for the 15th of October. Apple did promise an October timeframe and we guess now’s as good a time as any! There have also been reports that the iPod touch is available for purchase via some of Apple’s retail stores, so if you plan to pick one up, we expect that you should be able to do so via Apple’s retail stores (best call and check before doing so!) or you can place an order online, where hopefully your order will also see a delivery date on or after the 15th of October.
Next Story: Guild Wars 2 to introduce paid PvP tournaments
- 2013-06-27: Skype Updates iPhone App To Support Video Messaging Feature
- 2013-06-17: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Releasing On iOS June 20
- 2013-06-14: Microsoft Office Available On iPhone; Requires Office 365 Subscription
- 2013-05-30: Apple Files $53 Million Settlement Concerning Wet iPhones And iPod Touch Models
- 2013-05-30: 100 Million iPod Touch Units Sold And Counting