For those who own Kodak inkjet printers and love it and were hoping for newer inkjet models from Kodak in the future, it looks like we have to be the bearers of bad news as the company has announced that they plan to end consumer inkjet printer sales, which at the same time will eliminate 200 more jobs. If some of you might recall, it was in August that Kodak announced their plans to leave the consumer industry, choosing to focus on the enterprise sector instead. If you were hoping to get your hands on Kodak’s inkjet printers, you will still be able to as Kodak will only be winding down sales of printers starting from next year, although for now they will be focusing on supplying printer ink to their existing partners. Kodak is hoping that their shift away from the consumer market and its refocusing will help boost the company’s cash flow in the US starting in the first half of 2013.
- 2014-01-08: Kodak Debuts SMART LENS Camera For Your Smartphones
- 2013-09-03: Kodak Exits Bankruptcy, Now Focuses On Imaging For Business
- 2013-07-09: Kodak Instamatic Smartphone Concept Is Interesting
- 2013-01-18: Kodak S1 Micro Four Thirds Camera Targets Q3 2013 Launch
- 2012-12-10: Apple and Google team up to buy Kodak's patents