If you were planning to get your hands on Motorola’s new smartphones, the Droid RAZR HD and the RAZR MAXX HD, well you might be disappointed. According to reports, unofficial of course, it seems that both the RAZR HD and the RAZR MAXX HD will be delayed from launching on Verizon’s network due to some issues with the antenna. This is apparently due to the both the size and location of the antennas which actually make contact with the edges of the device which means that the signal will degrade whenever the user touches it.
This is based on FCC documents of the Droid RAZR HD which show that its internals are different compared to that of the Droid RAZR M which has made it onto Verizon’s network with no issue. Word has it that Motorola is currently working on a solution and they’re still hoping to make their holiday release schedule, but if you were hoping to get it on/before Thanksgiving or Black Friday, you’d be out of luck. If either the Droid RAZR HD or the RAZR MAXX HD is the phone you’ve been eyeing, be sure to check back with us as we’ll keep you updated on the situation.
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2013-07-09: Motorola Droid RAZR HD And Droid RAZR HD MAXX To Get Update
- 2013-07-04: Verizon's Droid RAZR HD And Droid RAZR HD MAXX To Undergo Soak Test
- 2012-11-02: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean leaked for Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD
- 2012-10-18: Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD now available for purchase from Verizon
- 2012-10-12: Verizon announces Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD for the 18th of October