Now it seems that due to Hurricane Sandy, there are many gamers affected by it which at the same time has affected their ability to play Guild Wars 2, which means that they are missing out on the Halloween special. Unsurprisingly many of these gamers have reached out to ArenaNet, asking them if it was possible for them to extend their Shadow of the Mad King Halloween event to make up for “lost time”. Unfortunately for those players, it looks like ArenaNet will not be doing so, but at the same time it was revealed that this was because ArenaNet has a major content updated scheduled for the 15th of November.
“We heard your questions about extending the Halloween event for those of you affected by Sandy. Unfortunately we cannot do that, but the reason why we can’t is exciting: We are preparing for our big November update, which will start on November 15, and there will be content that will be in the game prior to that, leading up to the event. But we also want to use this moment to remind you all that your personal safety is much more important than any computer game. If you could be affected by the storm, please listen to the authorities and take every precaution to ensure you and your loved ones are safe. Tyria will still be there once the storm is over.”
We’re not sure what sort of content update we can expect, and in a way this is good news especially for Guild Wars 2 players who might already be looking forward to new content, although at the same time it is disappointing for some gamers who were looking forward to achievements or items available only during the Halloween event. In any case we can’t help but echo ArenaNet’s sentiments in that their safety is more important than a video game.
Next Story: The Coyote Case will protect you and your iPhone
- 2013-08-23: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2013-07-01: ArenaNet Opens Guild Wars 2 APIs To Developers
- 2013-06-27: ArenaNet To Release Guild Wars 2 Updates Every Two Weeks Now
- 2013-05-14: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pack Currently Underway According To NCsoft
- 2013-01-29: Guild Wars 2 Content Update Arrives
- 2012-11-28: ArenaNet introduces character makeover options for Guild Wars 2
- 2012-11-02: The Lost Shores will be the next Guild Wars 2 update