[CEATEC 2012] All right, Sharp is really pushing the boundaries when it comes to the resolution count on tiny displays where smartphones and other portable devices are concerned. I am referring to this 6.1″ IGZO display that will carry a phenomenal 498ppi, definitely a pixel density count that is far higher than any other which we have seen in the past and on current devices, making us wonder if someone out there is interested in churning out a tablet that carries a 6.1″ display or not. Surely this is an entertaining enough thought, don’t you think so?
Not only that, the 6.1″ IGZO display comes with a resolution count of 2,560 x 1,600, which is basically a case of your regular 30″ desktop monitor being shrunk down in size to just 6.1″ while maintaining its resolution count. It sure as heck is going to be an expensive affair if it sees the light of day in future devices, and we do wonder just how much juice does this particular display consume?
Next Story: KDDI palm authentication app
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-06: New Sharp Aquos TVs Go On Sale In The US
- 2014-01-22: Sharp Introduces Aquos Mini SHL24
- 2014-01-16: Sharp Announces 15.6" Windows 8.1 Tablet
- 2014-01-06: Sharp Unveils New 8K Television Systems
- 2013-10-17: Sharp To Deliver High Definition IGZO Displays To Smartphones
- 2013-10-02: Sharp MEMS/IGZO Display
- 2013-09-30: Sharp IGZO Frameless Concept Displays
- 2012-10-03: Sharp motheye technology fights glare
- 2012-10-01: Sharp 5-inch Igzo Full HD LCD panel