If you happen to be a proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S3 while rocking to Sprint’s network, then here is news for you – it seems that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM for this particular smartphone has leaked, so it might not be too long of a wait after that for the real deal to arrive. The latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM for Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S3 appeared on the XDA Developer’s forum, where it will include Samsung’s proprietary TouchWiz skin as part of the deal. Just what can one expect from Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean? How about the silky smooth Project Butter and Google Now? There were reports from a handful of XDA members that apps end up crashing, while there are also niggling issues concerning the gyroscope to boot.
Of course, if you were to install this unofficial ROM on your Galaxy S3, bear in mind that the warranty on your device would be declared to be null and void, and if the entire handset bricks, then tough luck.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2013-04-11: Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Starting Today
- 2012-10-24: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arriving on Sprint this October 24th
- 2012-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean confirmed for “the coming months”
- 2012-10-15: Samsung UK confirms Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3
- 2012-10-15: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arrives in Sweden