HTC must be looking forward to see how their first foray into the phablet market would end up – partnering with Verizon to deliver their maiden 5” Android-powered device to the US, calling it the HTC DLX. There were rumors of this device floating around for the longest time, some of them wayward, while others would seem to be pretty much spot on. First things first – the HTC DLX is meant to be pronounced “HTC Deluxe”, where it does seem to pack in a Full HD display that would place it on par with the HTC J Butterfly, while carrying with it at the very minimum an 8-megapixel camera with a 2-megapixel camera at the front.
The HTC J Butterfly will run on a 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor that is accompanied by 2GB RAM and an 8-megapixel rear camera, so we do hope that Verizon will do their level best not to tone down the hardware specifications in the HTC DLX, but rather, we would like to see a 12-megapixel shooter as well at the back. Word on the street also has it that the HTC J Butterfly was codenamed “Deluxe J” in its bootloader menu, so you can say that the HTC DLX is the US version of the HTC J Butterfly. Huzzah!
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-25: HTC One M8 Gets "Buy One, Free One" Promotion From Verizon
- 2014-03-20: All New HTC One Poster For Verizon Spotted
- 2014-03-20: All New HTC One Cases Spotted At Verizon
- 2014-02-06: Verizon HTC One Android 4.4 Release Expected Soon
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released