So Verizon’s new top-end phone is out, and one thing’s for sure–this guy is a brick. It’s large enough to give the Galaxy Note II a run for its money as king of the phablet hill. What’s nice is that HTC has continued to use the soft-touch back we first saw on the 8X, which certainly gives the phone a premium feel. Also nice is the red speaker grilles on both portrait sides of the phone: HTC’s design director said they were inspired by Lamborghini, and they do look like intake grills. But it’s also nice to see on a phone. The phone is big–5 inches–but it doesn’t feel as huge as say, the Galaxy Note II. As mentioned in the announcement post, there’s some pretty impressive guts inside, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro. HTC is also using the physical buttons we first saw on the HTC One X. The screen’s what you came here for, and we’ll have photos of the 1080p monster as soon as we get the handset up and running. In the meantime, take a look at these photos:
We’ll be publishing our review of the Droid DNA soon, so keep your eyes peeled.
Next Story: Jawbone UP now available for $129.99
- 2013-12-16: Motorola DROIDs Undergo Soak Test
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-07-16: Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra, MAXX And Mini Could Get July 23rd Announcement
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored
- 2013-02-22: Motorola Droid RAZR And RAZR MAXX To Receive Jelly Bean
- 2012-12-17: Verizon "employee edition" of the HTC DROID DNA spotted
- 2012-11-19: Droid DNA Review
- 2012-11-13: Droid DNA Hands-On!
- 2012-11-13: HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced!