As we’re sure that most of you guys are aware, when you receive chat messages on Facebook via the web, you will be notified via a sound. It makes perfect sense since it lets you know when you have a new message, but now it seems (via VentureBeat) that the company is looking to introduce sounds when receiving notifications! We’re not sure if this is a good or bad thing, especially for those who receive tons of notifications, but the good news is that these sounds can be enabled/disabled. This could come in handy when there’s a notification that you’re looking forward to, such as a reply to a comment/status/photo. This sound notification feature appears to be undergoing testing at the moment, so you may or may not have the feature. We’re not sure if Facebook will decided to give this the go ahead, but what do you guys think? Is this a feature you’d like to have?
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam