We’re sure that most of you guys are aware of the ongoing lawsuits between Apple and Samsung, a situation in which most people have referred to as the patent wars. Now it seems that LG has recently released an ad in the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times in which it states (as seen above) that LG “makes phones, not war”. The ad then goes on to state how LG has collaborated with a variety of companies in the past, such as Qualcomm just to name a few. We’re not sure if their “Make phones, not war” slogan was simply stated as a general phrase, or perhaps it could be targeted at the Samsung and Apple situation.
After all HTC and Apple have managed to reach an agreement, and with that some expected Samsung to follow suit although the company did state that they do not have plans to settle, indicating that this patent war could be continuing. Then there is the alternative which is how Samsung is suing LG over its displays, and there is a chance that the ad could be referring to that as well. Either way we won’t speculate too much, but what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future