It was rumored that Microsoft might be looking into churning out additional hardware, especially after they have had done a pretty good job with the Windows RT tablet, although sales of that tablet seemed to fall short of Microsoft’s expectations. Having said that, the new hardware that Microsoft could possibly work on is unsurprisingly, a Windows Phone 8-powered device, as this segment of the market does seem to offer more promise compared to the tablet niche. It would seem that should a Windows Phone 8 handset from Microsoft surface (heh, sorry about that, I could not resist the pun), it would carry a similar Surface branding.
The Wall Street Journal, as we mentioned earlier, did say that Microsoft is working with Foxconn to realize a smartphone that would fall under the 4” or 5” screen size category, not to mention the possibility of Amazon also working with Foxconn for a smartphone that they can call their very own. Well, what will we have next from Amazon and Microsoft? Only time will tell.
Next Story: Dead Or Alive 5 Costume Pack Gets All Risque
- 2014-04-21: Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21: Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Expands Retail Presence In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Downgrade Windows Phone 8.1 To 8.0 Possible
- 2014-04-21: Office 365 China Launch Finally Takes Place
- 2014-01-21: Apple Falls Behind Sony, Samsung, Microsoft In Customer Satisfaction Survey
- 2013-09-24: Microsoft Windows Gift Card On Amazon
- 2013-08-20: Amazon Promotion Upgrades Xbox 360 Games To Xbox One For $10
- 2013-06-21: PS4, Xbox One Amazon Pre-Order Sales Breaks Records
- 2013-06-20: Microsoft Apparently Dropped Plans Of Its Amazon Marketplace Rival