Boy, nearly 24 hours after the dust has settled on Microsoft announcing the pricing details of the Surface Pro (which does not come cheap at all, mind you), and here we are with rumors that Microsoft is already working on a sequel to the Surface, in addition to having plans for a Surface Pro 2 and Surface Book, where all three of those devices are meant to be ready for a 2013 release. Yeah, that’s what I thought too, and needed to hold the rails of my working chair before I collapsed out of sheer shock.
Don’t you think that having a sequel to the mentioned devices is just way too soon? After all, the Microsoft Surface that runs on the Windows RT platform hit the market for only a few weeks until now, and the Surface Pro tablet has yet to be commercially available. One thing that is interesting to take note of, however, would be the Surface Book idea – just what kind of ecosystem will the Surface Book survive in? Only time will tell, and hopefully these rumors can be squashed or confirmed as soon as possible so that folks are better able to make a more informed purchase decision.
Next Story: Raspberry Pi Model A Samples Released
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-01-15: Microsoft Surface Pro Receives Firmware Update
- 2013-11-12: Patch Tuesday Sees Firmware Updates For Surface, Surface 2 And Surface Pro
- 2013-10-24: Microsoft Surface Pro Receives Another $100 Price Cut
- 2013-08-30: Microsoft Surface Pro $100 Limited-Time Price Cut Now Permanent
- 2013-08-14: Surface Pro Workstation Setup Boasts A Quartet Of Monitors