Wow – just, wow! Last night, we mentioned that the Nexus 4 which came back in stock earlier in the afternoon, saw Google Play struggle with the amount of orders coming in. Well, for the second time in the same month, the Google Nexus 4 has sold out – more or less instantly. Google tried something different this time around, as they no longer touted the device as “Sold Out,” but preferred to leave the Nexus 4 up for sale via the Google Play Store, albeit carrying shipping times that take far longer for a deep gash to heal.
These increasingly bad shipping times are attached to the two different models available, where future owners of the 8GB Google Nexus 4 will have to wait anywhere from 8 to 9 weeks, while folks who want the beefier Google Nexus 16GB model will have to wait for a month plus at worst. I guess this means there won’t be too many Nexus 4 devices under the Christmas tree for late purchasers, unless you do not mind getting scalped online at second hand or auction sites.
Next Story: WTFJeans V2 For Smartphone Owners
- 2014-03-27: Sailfish OS For Nexus 4 Released
- 2013-12-05: Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- 2013-11-25: Nexus 4 Android 4.4 KRT16S Build Causing Issues For Some Users
- 2013-11-20: Nexus 4 Android 4.4 KitKat OTA Update Reportedly Rolling Out
- 2013-11-19: Official Nexus Wireless Charger Goes Up For Sale For $50
- 2013-10-29: Nexus 4 Could Still Be Sold After Nexus 5 Launch
- 2013-09-17: Nexus 4 No Longer Being Sold In The U.S. [Report]
- 2013-09-03: Sold Out Nexus 4 8GB Models Might Not Be Restocked
- 2013-08-27: Nexus 4 Gets At Least 25% Price Cut In Select Territories
- 2013-08-01: Android 4.3 Reportedly Causing Trouble For Some Nexus 4 Owners