Research In Motion is finally making it official. Today, the company is announcing in advance the launching of BlackBerry 10 on the 30th of January. RIM says that the event is happening simultaneously in multiple countries around the world. Additionally, the BlackBerry maker is also confirming that it will unveil its first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones during the said date.
Some of the features that we can expect from BlackBerry 10 will include the BlackBerry Flow and BlackBerry Hub for seamless navigation across open applications, the BlackBerry Keyboard which, according to RIM, can adapt and learn how a user writes, and a feature called BlackBerry Balance which will allow users to switch profiles while keeping apps and information relevant to their needs.
“In building BlackBerry 10, we set out to create a truly unique mobile computing experience that constantly adapts to your needs. Our team has been working tirelessly to bring our customers innovative features combined with a best in class browser, a rich application ecosystem, and cutting-edge multimedia capabilities. All of this will be integrated into a user experience – the BlackBerry Flow – that is unlike any smartphone on the market today,” said Thorsten Heins, President and CEO of RIM.
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 To Debut In Black
- 2013-01-29: BlackBerry 10 Z10 Available For Online Orders In U.K. Starting Tomorrow
- 2013-01-28: RIM Reduces Pricing Tier For Apps On BlackBerry World