When we reviewed the Surface RT in October, we were quite impressed with its 10-hour battery life. So when Microsoft announced the pricing details of its upcoming Surface Pro tablet earlier today, we dug a little further to find out how good its battery life will be. The Surface Pro tablet might have a lesser battery life, at least that is what Microsoft is saying on Twitter.
When Twitter user @shahroom asked Microsoft for any comments on the Surface Pro’s battery life, Microsoft replied via @surface saying, “Surface pro will have approximately half the battery life of Surface RT .”
Microsoft’s response isn’t so shocking, considering that the Surface Pro is going to be powered by an Intel Core “Ivy Bridge” i5 processor, not to mention its 10.6-inch display with a 1920 × 1080 screen resolution. The Surface RT’s battery lasted for nearly 10 hours. Judging from what Microsoft is saying, this should make the Surface Pro last for up to 5 hours, or 4 hours at the very least.
- 2014-01-15: Microsoft Surface Pro Receives Firmware Update
- 2013-11-12: Patch Tuesday Sees Firmware Updates For Surface, Surface 2 And Surface Pro
- 2013-10-24: Microsoft Surface Pro Receives Another $100 Price Cut
- 2013-08-30: Microsoft Surface Pro $100 Limited-Time Price Cut Now Permanent
- 2013-08-14: Surface Pro Workstation Setup Boasts A Quartet Of Monitors
- 2013-08-13: Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates
- 2013-07-01: Microsoft Surface Tablets To Be Available From New Authorized Resellers
- 2013-06-11: Microsoft Surface RT And Surface Pro Firmware Update Arrives
- 2013-04-09: Microsoft Releases New Software Update For Surface Tablets
- 2013-03-15: Microsoft Reportedly Sold 1.5 Million Surface Tablets To Date