Refrigerators are a necessity – they keep fruits and vegetables fresh, prevent the milk from going bad, making ice, and etc. However when you have truckloads of money to spend, we guess having a fridge that does more than just cool your beers and freeze your ice creams is to be expected, and this is exactly what the Meneghini La Cambusa fridge is all about. Priced at a staggering $40,500 (fully decked out option), as you can see in the photo above, this is no ordinary fridge and comes with a modular design that allows its owner to customize to their heart’s content.
It comes with the standard fridge and freezer sections, but according to its product description, what makes this fridge so special is its ability to be customized, with optional extras that include “space for coffee maker, fitted pantry, double pantry, ice-maker, microwave oven, steam oven and multi-function oven.” Yikes – we’re not sure if anyone needs to have all those features stuffed into one place, but it does sounds like a neat solution, perfect for people who love compartmentalization. The fridge has also been designed to feature the use of solid wood, making it seem more “warm” compared to metal finishes, and also more luxurious looking compared to plastic. Once again, we’re not sure who will actually need all of this but I wouldn’t say no to having one of these bad boys in my kitchen!
- 2013-02-14: Samsung Announces Refrigerator That Can Make Soda
- 2012-11-07: The Meneghini La Cambusa is what a $40,500 refrigerator looks like
- 2011-03-03: Particulate Food Fridge concept
- 2010-03-04: Samsung Zipel refrigerator surfs the Internet
- 2010-04-15: Gorenje NRK67358E gets radio and voice messaging
- 2010-05-28: Smart Fridge hopes to keep you healthy