Vimeo is announcing the preview phase of its incoming pay-to-view service by releasing six movies. The six movies, which includes “We Are Legion: The Story of Hacktivists,” a documentary about the culture and history of Anonymous, are Vimeo’s attempt to showcase its flexible suite of features for creators to sell their films directly to their audiences with control over pricing, viewing periods, release geography, and bonus content features. Users who avail the pay-to-view feature will find their movies automatically downloaded into their “Watch Later” list.
Users can view the video content on their smarphones, tablets, and TVs with Vimeo apps. Other movies worth checking are Sons of the Clouds: The Last Colony, Shut Up and Play the Hits, Jeremy Jones’ Further, Beauty is Embarrassing, and an action sports film called Sunny. Vimeo is also announcing the launching of TipJar, which allows video creators to crowd source revenue directly from their viewers. Vimeo’s pay-to-view service is expected to be available for all Pro members early next year.
Next Story: HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced!
- 2013-05-21: Vimeo And Flickr Integration In iOS 7 Rumored
- 2012-11-13: Vimeo launches pay-to-view beta together with 6 new movies
- 2012-06-03: Vimeo unveils Enhancer for better videos
- 2012-02-03: Vimeo app now on Windows Phone
- 2011-11-01: Vimeo Perks Offers Discounts for Paying Users
- 2011-03-30: Official Vimeo app now on the iPhone