Yesterday we reported on the iOS 6.1 beta 4 being released to developers, and today, we have a new iOS 6.0.2 update that should be available for you to update your iPhone 5 or iPad Mini as the update is geared directly towards those devices.
The iOS 6.0.2 update includes a number of fixes, the primary one being a fix for a bug that “could impact Wi-Fi,” which apparently the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini have been having issues with. I own an iPhone 5, but have never noticed any issues with my Wi-Fi connection during use. The issue had to have been large enough for Apple to release such a specific update, especially since we’re so close to the release of iOS 6.1.
If you have either the iPhone 5 or iPad Mini, be sure to head over to your Settings to initiate the over-the-air update which you can hopefully access if you’re device is giving you Wi-Fi issues. If accessing your Wi-Fi on your iPhone 5 or iPad Mini is an issue, then you can always download the update on your computer through iTunes to then update your iOS device by connecting it to your computer via USB.RELATED
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- Apple Patent Describes A Smart Dock That Is Always Listening To You
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS,