Apple might have won big time against Samsung in court, but now it seems that all the patent trolling are beginning to take its toll on the Cupertino-based technology giant. Just a few weeks after tentatively invalidating the so-called “Steve Job patent,” the USPTO is now applying the same ruling to Apple’s “pinch to zoom” patent, which is, by the way, a key factor to Apple’s one billion dollar victory in August. According to a document issued by the patent office on Wednesday, all 21 claims of U.S. patent No. 7,844,915, also known as the “pinch to zoom” patent, were rejected by the USPTO after further re-examination. It’s important to note that this is not a final decision. Apple has a chance to respond and counter the decision as part of the proceedings. Apple has yet to comment on the report.RELATED
- Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Follow: legal, patent,
- Seen at: online.wsj