If you happen to own either the Nokia Lumia 920 or the Lumia 820 from AT&T, we play the role of harbingers of good news – both smartphones will be on the receiving end of an operating system and firmware update this coming December 19th, which would be tomorrow. In fact, AT&T has already notified its employees via an internal email that the combination OS and firmware update will be going live on December 19th, so folks who are using the HTC 8X will just have to sit this one out.
The OS update has been nicknamed ‘Portico’, and apparently, this particular fix from Microsoft will see the operating system enjoy a series of system patches, where the stability issue that is related to Bluetooth connectivity will be once and for all be resolved, doing away with isolated cases of OS resets or freezes. Not only that, do expect Portico to come with SMS call rejection and SMS mass delete. This will be an Over The Air (OTA) release, or you can do so via a Wi-Fi connection.
Next Story: 2014 Cadillac ELR Confirmed For Debut In January
- 2014-01-30 Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13 Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29 Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11 AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-10-09 AT&T Claims GDR2 And Amber Update Is Ready For Lumia 820 And 920
- 2012-12-19 AT&T Lumia 920 And Lumia 820 Portico Update
- 2012-10-04 Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 officially announced as part of AT&T's Fall lineup