Earlier in the week, we did mention that there is a possibility of an untethered iPhone 5 jailbreak making its way this coming December 22nd, which is the day after the world supposedly ends anyway. While there is far more cause and reason to figure out that this thing is a hoax, you can never quite tell. All is revealed today though, as DreamJB has been uncovered to be a fake. Basically, DreamJB’s intention was meant to be one of those social experiments, where it took just one week to have more than 20,000 people follow @DreamJailbreak on Twitter, pulling in more than 300,000 unique viewers.
All in all, folks had believed that there the elusive untethered iPhone 5 jailbreak is a reality despite the fact that there was no proof provided at all right from the beginning. A word of caution from the folks who set up this social experiment, “Let this be a lesson to the public. PLEASE be careful when it comes to jailbreak solutions that are advertised outside of the prominent and accepted dev teams. Do some research and follow them on Twitter now.” Looks like it is time to wake up from the dream now.
Next Story: Microsoft Investigates IE’s Mouse Tracking Flaw
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits