So you have brought your family for a holiday across all six continents on the earth, and are wondering just where would your next vacation be. Well, I guess it would make sense if you were to literally aim for the moon (stars would be a wee bit too far fetched now, would it not?), as a new company headed by former NASA executives announced earlier today that they intend to deliver moon holiday packages by the time 2020 rolls around. Of course, this is not going to be cheap at all, and if you are a millionaire, you might want to forget about it unless you have a fair number of billions sitting in the bank. Each round-trip for two will set you back by a whopping $1.5 billion, of which the CEO has called it a relative bargain (!).
Alan Stern, also president of Golden Spike Company, said, “We’re selling to nations, corporations and individuals. Get in line — and I think it’s going to be a long one.” Up next, holiday to Mars in 2050, where taking into account inflation and the costs of transportation, we are picking a figure from thin air, looking at $10 billion for a round trip for two.
Next Story: Pintofeed Pet Feeder Does The Wi-Fi Jig
- 2014-03-05: Spaceplane E93 Hopes To Take Off Soon
- 2014-02-04: ESA Sound System Could Kill A Human
- 2014-01-16: Japan To Deploy A Magnetic Net In Space To Clean Up Floating Debris
- 2014-01-12: Astronauts Receive Christmas Presents From Earth
- 2013-12-16: Solar Panels Fall Back On Origami Solution