You know how a service that is being tested online is ready for a mass roll out – when it is made available to the entire spectrum of users, of course. Previously, this thing known as Facebook Gifts was available in the US via a rather elitist “invite only” situation, but it seems that Facebook has finally deemed it to be fit and ready to go, opening up its Gifts feature to all folks who reside in the US.
Yes sir, this means as long as you are a legal resident in the US with a Facebook account, you would have obtained the “Open Sesame” to its Gifts feature. Right now, the choices available as gifts seem to focus squarely on food as well as soft toys, although recently wine from 16 different wine makers have been thrown into the mix. Needless to say, the relevant age-verification checkpoints have been put in place to make sure only those of a legal age are able to make the relevant purchases. With Christmas around the corner, wine does seem to be a pretty nifty idea, don’t you think so?
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App