Facebook isn’t just testing the option to send messages to strangers. It’s also testing a new drag-and-drop feature. According to Inside Facebook, the insanely popular social network is beginning to roll out an update that allows users to drag and drop image files into the publisher box to quickly share one or more photos from their News Feed or Timeline. If the report is true, then this will definitely eliminate the number of clicks that users have to go through in order to upload new photos.
Inside Facebook notes that the same feature can also be found within the new Messages format. Additionally, ABC News is reporting that Facebook has just told them about a new simplified Timeline that will roll out soon. “This is a new design Facebook is testing with a small percentage of people to make navigating timeline even easier,” a Facebook spokesperson said. According to ABC News, the new Timeline will post the name of the user in the cover photo, and the tabs are now putting About, Friends, and Photos on the same page. “The result is a cleaner, bolder menu for navigation,” the publication said.
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App