Let’s say you received an iPhone 5 this holiday season and have eventually realized tethering your phone to your other devices to use your cellphone’s data plan isn’t exactly what you thought it would be. Each carrier the iPhone 5 is available on offer its customers the ability to tether, but for a “low” monthly fee, of course. But a new app has been made available onto the App Store that can get you tethering in no time, as long as you know how to activate it.
The application is called FlashArmyKnife and, on its surface, is supposed to offer a number of features that any user would want in an application like a flashlight, calculator and a currency converter to name a few. But there’s one feature the developer hid from Apple that will certainly be well worth the $2 price for the application.
The process to unlock the tethering mode in FlashArmyKnife is highlighted in the video above. If you’re looking for a way to tether your iPhone 5 without jailbreaking it, this might be the way to go, that is, until Apple finds out about it and pulls FlashArmyKnife from the App Store.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger