Let’s say you received an iPhone 5 this holiday season and have eventually realized tethering your phone to your other devices to use your cellphone’s data plan isn’t exactly what you thought it would be. Each carrier the iPhone 5 is available on offer its customers the ability to tether, but for a “low” monthly fee, of course. But a new app has been made available onto the App Store that can get you tethering in no time, as long as you know how to activate it.
The application is called FlashArmyKnife and, on its surface, is supposed to offer a number of features that any user would want in an application like a flashlight, calculator and a currency converter to name a few. But there’s one feature the developer hid from Apple that will certainly be well worth the $2 price for the application.
The process to unlock the tethering mode in FlashArmyKnife is highlighted in the video above. If you’re looking for a way to tether your iPhone 5 without jailbreaking it, this might be the way to go, that is, until Apple finds out about it and pulls FlashArmyKnife from the App Store.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: iPhone 5, tethering,
- Seen at: itunes.apple