iOS versus Android – that seems to be pretty much the debate these days, and in all fairness there are valid points that can be made for either platform. Unsurprisingly Android is currently dominating the market due to the variety of Android devices out there which cater not just to those looking for a high-end phone, but for those shopping on a budget as well. However do you think it is fair to say that Android is clearly winning the mobile war against Apple? With the iPad still dominating the tablet market and with iPhones selling like hotcakes, it might not really be as cut and dry, but according to Google’s chairman, Eric Schmidt, he believes that Android is clearly winning the war.
In an interview with Bloomberg, Schmidt was quoted as saying, “This is a huge platform change; this is of the scale of 20 years ago — Microsoft versus Apple. We’re winning that war pretty clearly now.” What do you guys think? Clearly the numbers do not lie, but considering that Apple only has one offering in terms of smartphones, is that a fair way to measure it? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Next Story: Blackberry 10 ads appear in the New York Times
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-16 Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15 Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-13 Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]