It has been a while (a few months, actually) ever since developer Dorregaray rolled out the first custom builds of Android for the HP TouchPad, offering support for the 9.7” tablet’s front-facing camera. This patch has since been incorporated into a range of Android versions for the HP TouchPad, where among them include a custom build of CyanogenMod 10 that is based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, not to mention the official nightly builds of CyanogenMod 9 which is based off Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Do bear in mind that this is still a rough work in progress, so there might still be bugs surrounding the camera’s performance, but perhaps installing some of Dorregaray’s latest patch could help resolve some of those niggling camera issues. Who would have thought that the dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that powers the HP TouchPad could last until now after being discontinued last summer?
- 2014-04-17: Purchasing The OnePlus One Will Require An Invite
- 2014-04-15: OnePlus One Sample Photos Make Their Way Online
- 2014-03-31: CyanogenMod 11S For OnePlus One Spotted
- 2014-03-24: CyanogenMod Nightlies Adds Business/People Search In Dialer App
- 2014-02-27: OnePlus One Price Under $400
- 2012-02-16: CyanogenMod 9 for HP TouchPad gets nightly builds
- 2011-11-08: HP TouchPad gets a new Android ROM from Team Xron
- 2011-10-13: CyanogenMod 7 rolled out for TouchPad in Alpha stage
- 2011-10-13: Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad