Apple is a company that is huge on patents, so it is interesting to hear that a design patent for the hugely successful iPod touch has been awarded to Apple, and it has been a long time in coming, if you could say so. After all, we are talking about a patent that was filed by the folks over at Cupertino way back in August of 2011, taking more than a year for it to receive the nod of approval from the good people over at the USPTO. The awarded iPod touch design patent does seem to point towards the fourth generation model of the iPod touch that was released in 2010, considering how the patent tends to focus more on the extremely rounded edges than anything else. In fact, if one wants to ramp up their trivia on the iPod touch, this is the first iPod touch model to come with cameras on both the front as well as at the back. Not only that, it is one of the last patents that listed Steve Jobs down as an inventor, so there certainly is a fair amount of sentimental value attached to this patent.RELATED
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Follow: Apple Inc, ipod touch, patent,
- Seen at: patentlyapple