Barely two weeks after launching iTunes 11, Apple is now upping the ante by pushing the first software update for its online digital media store. Version 11.0.1 goes straight to the basics by allowing users to eliminate duplicate items in the iTunes library – a feature that was rumored to have been removed. The update also fixes some issues related to purchases made on iCloud, which, according to some customers, didn’t appear on their library when iTunes Match was running. Apple is also attempting to solve reported issues with AirPlay, where, in some cases, the button does not appear as expected. And as with other software updates, it is customary to add a couple of bug fixes here and there. Remember to hit the “Software Update” button to get the newest version of iTun
This update to the new iTunes addresses an issue where new purchases in iCloud may not appear in your library if iTunes Match is turned on, makes iTunes more responsive when searching a large library, fixes a problem where the AirPlay button may not appear as expected, and adds the ability to display duplicate items within your library.
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-04-03: Apple App Prices Raised Already By Up To 30% In Australia
- 2014-03-31: iTunes Radio Explicit Filter Not Quite Up To Scratch
- 2014-03-23: 2007 Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl OST Hits iTunes