LG is glad to announce that half a dozen of their products have been awarded CarbonFree certification, which is serious proof that the South Korean company has been working hard to reduce its carbon footprint. Some of the devices that received CarbonFree certification will include the Optimus G smartphone, OLED TV, washing machine, refrigerator, vacuum cleaner and computer monitor. Just how did these products receive such a certification? This occurred after it has been subjected to a comprehensive lifecycle analysis in order to determine the carbon footprint in the entire length of its manufacturing process.
Dr. Skott Ahn, Chief Technology Officer at LG Electronics, said, “As an environmentally responsible company, we have strengthened our commitment to bringing energy-efficient products to market. But I’ll be the first to admit that this is a marathon, not a sprint and we still have a long way to go. Fortunately, we’re off to a great start.” Let us not stop at just half a dozen now, shall we LG? [Press Release]
Next Story: Sony Advises Against Microwaving Your PS3
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked