LG is glad to announce that half a dozen of their products have been awarded CarbonFree certification, which is serious proof that the South Korean company has been working hard to reduce its carbon footprint. Some of the devices that received CarbonFree certification will include the Optimus G smartphone, OLED TV, washing machine, refrigerator, vacuum cleaner and computer monitor. Just how did these products receive such a certification? This occurred after it has been subjected to a comprehensive lifecycle analysis in order to determine the carbon footprint in the entire length of its manufacturing process.
Dr. Skott Ahn, Chief Technology Officer at LG Electronics, said, “As an environmentally responsible company, we have strengthened our commitment to bringing energy-efficient products to market. But I’ll be the first to admit that this is a marathon, not a sprint and we still have a long way to go. Fortunately, we’re off to a great start.” Let us not stop at just half a dozen now, shall we LG? [Press Release]
Next Story: Sony Advises Against Microwaving Your PS3
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile