Pope Benedict XVI has finally managed to jump aboard the Twitter bandwagon from December 12th of this year onwards, at least this is what the Vatican has confirmed. The Pope’s username is pretty cool, considering how the faithful billions should start to keep a lookout for the username, “@pontifex”. No idea on whether this particular username will be retained for all the other Popes that come after Pope Benedict XVI, but that is not what we are here to talk about today.
Greg Burke, senior media advisor to the Vatican, claims that “pontifex” means “pope,” in addition to being a synonym for “bridge builder”. How fitting for a man of his stature. I do wonder what kind of Christmas message does the Pope have in mind this coming holiday season, and whether he will say all he wants to say in just 140 characters. Just how many followers do you think that the Pope would be able to garner with this bit of news going out? Will he outdo all the Beliebers out there?
Next Story: iPhone 5 Shipment Times Reduced
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-16: Twitter Picks Up Gnip
- 2014-04-15: Turkey And Twitter Have Not Arrived At Any Tax Deal Yet
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest