Yesterday, we reported on Nintendo’s TVii application being available today, and wouldn’t you know it, it’s now currently available for your TV-watching-while-using-the-Wii-U needs.
Nintendo TVii should now be available for you to fire up without needing to download any fancy, shmancy firmware update as it’ll be right there, waiting for you to select and to enjoy your second-screen experience on.
If you were looking for Netflix integration, you’re out of luck for now as that feature is expected to be available in early 2013. DVR support is also missing from Nintendo TVii via TiVo. Just be happy Nintendo delivered the Nintendo TVii in time for the holidays and quit looking at the negatives like no Netflix, no DVR support and the painfully-long update process you went through, or will probably go through if you get a Wii U over the holidays. I mean, things could be worse. You could have a Wii Mini and not be able to do anything online at all.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned