Samsung is poised to unveil two flexible displays at CES 2013 next month. One is a flexible smartphone display, and the other is a 55-inch TV-sized display. Samsung representatives told CNET today that these flexible display “could one day appear in a radically new smartphone or TV design.” The 5.5-inch smartphone display will reportedly feature a 1,280 x 720-pixel HD resolution and a 267 pixel density, while the 55-inch TV display has yet to be detailed.
Judging from the image above, the smartphone flexible display really bends, thereby supporting our previous reports. The Samsung representatives added that while the yet-to-be unveiled flexible displays can bend without tearing, they cannot be rolled up yet. Word about Samsung’s flexible displays was first reported in October last year. And it was just this month when we heard that these incredible displays are shipping in the first half of 2013. Exciting times indeed.
Image Source: CNET
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2013-01-10 Flexible Windows Phone Prototype Spotted
- 2013-01-09 Samsung Announces 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Mobile CPU
- 2013-01-09 Samsung Youm Flexible OLED Display
- 2013-01-07 Samsung ATIV Odyssey Releasing On Verizon Wireless In Coming Weeks
- 2013-01-07 Samsung HD DVR Surveillance System gives you high definition security footage