Nowadays, it isn’t enough for mobile apps for television service providers to allow its users to pay their bill, manager their DVR or check their local television schedule in hopes “Small Wonder” will miraculously make its way back to television. They need to offer streaming live video to mobile devices, specifically tablets, for its users, and many of companies are finally starting to catch up to this trend. Time Warner Cable has been offering live video streaming for some time now, but it just upped its game with its latest update
Time Warner Cable subscribers are now able to watch on-demand content on their iPad that includes nearly 4,000 HD & standard-definition titles with more coming in the future. Android and PC users who are looking for you on-the-go access to on-demand content can look for it to be available in 2013.
Time Warner Cable’s live TV streaming may require access to a Wi-Fi network to view, but that doesn’t seem to be the case with on-demand video as you may be able to get away with watching them over your cellular network, although if you choose to, just keep in mind it’ll put a serious dent in your monthly data usage.
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2013-05-08 TWC TV App For Android Updated With On Demand Content
- 2013-04-16 Time Warner Cable Updating TWC TV App To Offer Live TV Anywhere, VOD Content
- 2011-09-30 Logitech Harmony Link now shipping
- 2011-05-10 RedMere makes HDMI output from iOS devices a one cable affair
- 2011-04-04 Cablevision Optimum iPad app launched