And there it is again. Rumor has it that Apple is planning to release a new and cheaper iPhone for the Chinese market. According to DigiTimes, supply-chain sources are saying that Apple will roll out a low-cost version smartphone in China and other markets in Q2 this year. What’s even more interesting is that the sources were able to get a look of the cheap iPhone, although no pictures were shown. Sources say that the purported phone will sport a larger display and a brand new exterior design.
Sources added that the growing sales of the iPad mini in China and other markets may have prompted Apple to build a cheaper iPhone. Additionally, Qualcomm’s newest Snapdragron SoCs , such as the dual-core MSM8960 and the quad-core APQ8064, which are marketed for the entry-level to mid-range market, may have also contributed to Apple’s new direction. While this is interesting, it is important to note that these are rumors for now. So, until we hear it from Apple, which is very unlikely, let’s add a pinch of salt into this report.
Next Story: Canon Vixia HF-R42 Camcorder Unveiled
- iPhone Might Have Saved Soldier's Life In Afghanistan
- Apple Reportedly Planning On Opening Neighborhood Retail Stores In India
- iOS 7.1 Sees 6% Adoption Rate In First 24 Hours In North America
- iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- New Apple iPhone Borrows Design Cues From iPhone 5c And 7G iPod Nano [Rumor]